Thursday, March 10, 2011

The things you do for love....

Growing up when I saw someone who knew all about dinosaurs I thought "how CRAZY! Who cares?"  And thought I would never encourage any son of mine to be dino crazy.  Funny how all things change when you have a sweet little son who IS dino crazy!  When I heard on the radio about Dino Dig, I knew we just had to find a time to go.  Kason would go crazy over this!

So we got there and it was FREEZING and the line was way out the road to the side of the building.  No biggie, we waited.  When we got in it was so packed!  We were meeting some friends there so headed back were they were by the petting zoo.  This was our favorite part of the morning.


Two little sleeping babies

Hi Sir!

You could buy little bottles of milk or feed to give to them. 

Nibbling Kaid's skirt...

Then we headed back over to see the dinos.  Honestly it wasn't what we expected (we thought it would be real dinosaur bones, not just replicas).  First off it should have been in a WAY bigger building or they should have limited the number of people they let it at a time.  But, that didn't matter - Kason was crazy about them!

Kason got your tongue!

Roarrrrring at the dino... hmmm... the only way you would win this one is because the dino isn't real buddy!

Checking out the fossils

Kaid is starting to get irritated because we haven't met up with her friend Carmen yet...

haha I love how concerned Kason is that he's going to bite him!

Eewwww

I'm gonna EAT YA!

I think we gave Kason a fear for life!  Every time we read his favorite dino book and we get to the page with the T-rex, he reminds me that he doesn't want to put his head in its mouth!

yep, that's one disappointed girl!

This is what we expected, life sized bones!

Sorry daddy, you've been replaced.... okay.... maybe not!

We never did find Carmen and her family, but afterwards (since we were only there for about an hour bc you could hardly move!) we sent Kason home with daddy to watch the race, then mommy and Kaid went with friends (Ember, Rob, Ethan and Ryan) to bowl.  I can't believe this is the first time Kaid has ever been bowling!!  She loved it!  We will all have to go when Randy's shoulder is all healed up from his surgery.

Ryan, Kaid and Ethan

What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment