What a stressful week. Yep, another one of those. We did end up getting an offer on the house. BUT not the offer we were hoping for. They came up a bit but not nearly to the price we need out of it. The final offer was still 11k UNDER the price we bought the house for 7 years ago!! And that doesn't count the 30-40k we have put into it! We understand in this economy we are going to take a hit on the house and we have come to terms with that, but do these people think we are just going to give the house away? CRAZY! If you don't have the funding to get at least CLOSE to the asking price then DON'T MAKE AN OFFER! Sure the so called "comps" out there are cheaper... but because they are foreclosed homes that are stripped with no upgrades! There is a reason you like our house! And for those reasons you will have to pay a little more for it! (sorry, just a vent to all those people out there looking at our house and making insulting offers!!)
I feel like throwing in the towel, but I know we can't give up hope yet. Had we waited till now to put the house on the market I don't think I would be so aggravated with it - I would actually be excited for all the showings and offers... but after all this time I just want to be done. I want to move on with my life, get settled into our new life in a new home and be normal again. When does the next stage in our lives begin? It may seem stupid and petty for me to be getting worked up over a house - but think about how much of an inconvenience it is to have your home 100% perfect all the time in case there is a showing, having to pack up your kids and get out of the house for an hour while people come look, to have to stay out for another hour because they are running late, to have the excitement of a showing and offer, then to be let down with things falling through and the reality that yet another "dream house" is about to slip through your fingers.
If this house we are wanting now sells before ours does... we will be moving into an apartment or whatever for how ever many months it takes for us to find a new place we love. Sounds like fun doesn't it? I have trusted all along that whenever ours sells the perfect house will be available. But things don't always go as planned, we sure as heck know that. So, what if it isn't? I hate having life be so uncertain and unsettled as we are in so many areas of life right now. I hate being so negative and on edge all the time... but lately life has formed me into this version of myself and I want to be back to my normal laid back, calm, happy-go-lucky Janna. Please continue to pray for patience for us. I'm feeling myself loosing it....
No comments:
Post a Comment