At 9:30pm on March 17th 4 days before my due date, I had my first true contraction... Randy was at the gym and finally around 11pm I called him to tell him he'd better get home! He was just leaving so he put a rush on it and like what happens in the movies - he got pulled over! He was in such a hurry he forgot to turn his lights on! Luckily the cop bought the "my wife is in labor! I've got to get home!" speech.
We finished packing our bag, finishing the last few touches around home and headed to the hospital around 1:30. I told Randy as we were leaving "we should have left an hour ago!" It was a MISERABLE 5 minutes down the road to the hospital! Thank God it was so close!
When we got up to the window the nurses told me later they were betting I would be 2 cm and they would be sending me home. But what was I? 7cm and fully effaced! Wahoo! Little miss Kaidrie was on her way!! and SOON!
Even being a nurse I had a HUGE fear of Epidurals... sure I take care of patients with them all the time, but that's MY back you are sticking that huge needle in! So I asked for it "jokingly" many times the next few hours but would quickly say no I don't really want one. I got 2 doses of Nubain - which to a woman in labor is like giving her a Tylenol that makes her not able to keep her eyes open! But didn't touch the pain! Finally at 6:17am a big baby more perfect that I could have imagined (but couldn't have been more different than the picture in my head of what she would look like) was placed on my chest. 8 pounds 5 ounces of perfect came out of me! We had new names! "Mommy and Daddy" is what we would be called from now on. What an amazing day. What an amazing feeling.
Afterwards, Randy told my mom that I did really well and only told him to shut up once (I believe the conversation went, "Janna, remember how they told you to breathe" and I said, "Shut up! I'll breathe how I want to breathe!!" Another funny moment we remember was after asking for a bite of ice chips he gave me a HUGE bite and half of it fell on my gown. I started throwing the ice off me towards Randy and said rather sternly "not so big of a bite next time!" The next day I noticed a rather large bruise on one of Randy's armpits... and asked him where that came from. Evidently I used his armpit as a handle while I was pushing. lmbo!!
A great pregnancy, a quick delivery and a beautiful baby. We were so blessed.
So, a walk down memory lane for those of you who weren't around to watch this little miracle grow...
We love you so much miss Kaidrie Reese - I pray you one day you understand just how much when we can see you holding your own little miracle (but not for AT LEAST another 15+ years!) You are the little girl I've always dreamed of having and you make me a better person. I am so blessed to be called your mommy!
Watch my little blue eyed black haired baby grow into a blond haired green eyed beauty...
It has been such a joy watching you grow and I can't wait to see what the next 6 years brings.
We love you baby Kaid.
The story starts 2 weeks before Kaid makes her appearance! Now that's a lot of baby!
This is my "I'm a big sister" face!







No comments:
Post a Comment