Saturday, December 18, 2010

Wishing you a very Merry Chirstmas

Christmas is 6 days away!!  Seriously, where did the time go?  For those of you blog buddies that I don't have addresses for I thought I'd post our Christmas card and letter here for you to enjoy.  I pray this Christmas season finds you all well!

   

     It seems every year goes by faster than the last!  This year was filled with many wonderful times and some struggles but with family & friends by your side you can overcome any hurdle.  We are so thankful to all of you for helping us through every day life even when it is through thoughts and prayers.  It's times like this when you realize you can't take anything for granted and learn to count every blessing.
     We were blessed with many get-aways this year after 3 years of being stuck in Ohio!  The four of us spent a week in Hawaii and thoroughly enjoyed getting away from the piles of snow for a little while!  Randy and I spent a much needed 5 days away together on a cruise then spent almost a week in Myrtle Beach with the Proper clan. 
     Randy and I are still blessed to be working with the same companies and thankfully in a recession we both have put in plenty of hours.  We recently put our house on the market in hopes of moving to the place we will call home until the kids are out on their own, yet another area we are learning to put our faith in God and trusting that He knows the best timing and path for us.  It is a mix of emotions as we will be leaving the home we built, spent the first nights as mommy and daddy in, have had our share of shattered dreams and dreams that have become reality, and have many neighbors that we will miss dearly!  The hope is that we won't be too far away and are so excited to start this next step in our lives!  Please pray for us as we take this next step! 
     Many of you know what a struggle it was for us to get Kason here safely.  We went through so much heartache but in the end, God proved faithful.  We decided in the spring that we were ready to bring a little #3 into the picture and time proved just as trying.   We were surprised and thrilled that it happened so quickly but our joys were quickly turned to worries when I ended up needing emergency surgery - we would have never known there was something wrong had it not been for an ultrasound to take a peek at the baby.  Sadly, the little one stopped growing about a week after surgery - but it saved mommy's life in the short time it was here.  Please keep us in your prayers as we try and see God's plan to add another little blessing to our family.
     Our biggest blessings are doing wonderfully and growing every day.  Kaidrie is in Kindergarten this year and we couldn't be prouder of how she is doing!  She loves learning and is well on her way to reading!  Her teachers only complaint was that she often prefers to talk to her friends rather than getting her class work done.  That is something I admitted I was actually happy about because of how reserved and shy she used to be!  I finally gave into her pleas for a kitten and recently rescued our new family member Eylie LaLa (yes, named by Kaid!).  She has become very responsible while learning to take care of her. 
     Our little fireball, Kason turned 2 in June and has a special way about him to make the world smile.  He is outgoing, has no fear and is such a happy kid!  Our biggest feat lately was potty training which he has taken to with flying colors! We look forward to the day he is old enough to play sports - we have already seen evidence that he is going to be a great football player!!


And much like every year, I didn't realize the typo's until prof-reading it when I got them.  Yikes, maybe one day I will learn to spell check it BEFORE hitting the order button!  Thanks for reading everyone and remember the REAL reason for the season!

2 comments: