Last Thursday and Friday we went back home for Randy's grandpa's funeral. The kids now only have one great-grandparent left (my grandma on my mom's side). After the funeral we drove back home so Kaid could go to her school Christmas program.
They did a Winter Wonderland program, with games to play, caroling (which Kaid signed up to do and they sang 3 songs for us) Santa's Secret Shop and best of all SANTA!
Kason and daddy being silly waiting for sis to sing
One of the rooms we could do was cookie decorating. yummo!
Seeing SANTA! Kaid was so excited!
Kason wasn't so sure about the big man again this year.... due to him being stronger... I couldn't put him on his lap and run. Santa would have been angry at me!! So, mommy got to be in the picture too this year!
The next morning we hopped in the car and drove back to HC again so we could get together with my cousin, Karissa and her 2 boys who were visiting from California. So good to see them again and her little guys have grown so much!
Kason and Ethan are around 3 months apart.
The little goof balls... they had their typical 2 year arguments, but really played pretty good together!
And a sleepy 5 month old Evan.
Kaid did every puzzle in the house... and in a house that has raised 5 kids - that is A LOT! Aunt Bethy keeping her busy!
Kason has a new found love for books... and finally it's not a love for tearing them!!
Yuck. Makes me cough and sneeze just looking at that white stuff and thinking about the cold. I'm really starting to think it's time to move some place warmer. I think I'm speaking out of being tired of taking care of sick kids and being sick myself!!
While daddy went out to shovel the driveway the kids got to play.
Kason loves the snow this year... at least for a little while. Until it got in his gloves and boots. But can you blame the kid?
Last years snow picture looked alot like this one only Kason was SCREAMING his head off!
Throwing snow balls at each other
Kaid's school party was yesterday and I said I would bring the cupcakes! They turned out so cute!! (warning to anyone wanting to try this... do not put the hats and earmuffs on them until right before you are ready to take them... but morning I had to re-do their head-gear... and only use one half of the big oreo's for the hat!) They were a huge hit with the kids!
Since the snowman were pretty involved, Kaid loved helping with the Christmas trees.
I finally started wrapping yesterday - but still have to get some gifts.... shopping while you don't feel good isn't appealing, so I'm hoping I'm feeling better soon so I can get everything ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment