So many things to be thankful for - It's so important to focus on those good things during rough times. Parts of 2010 have been and continue to be rough for us but we have so many blessings. That's what Thanksgiving is all about, right? So we focus on the good and try not to dwell on the bad and pray that the next year will bring better times.
Randy had to work over Thanksgiving, so the kids and I went back to HC in the morning and had lunch with the fam. Then the kids stayed at Mimi and Pop's while I went back home to have dinner with my hubby then get up at... or actually way before... the crack of dawn to do some Black Friday shopping! Yep, I'm a crazy who LOVES black Friday shopping! One of my favorite days of the year!! haha I got pretty much everything I was looking for and have my Christmas shopping (AND Easter, AND Kaid's b-day in March and Kason's in June well underway!!) almost done in just one day. Yep, love it! After I finished my shopping here I went back to HC finished up at Wal-Mart then headed back to spend some time with mimi and the kiddos. Their day was well underway by the time I got back. It started with making lots of yummy Chocolate covered goodness!
Bath time - Censored... :)
Reading time with Mimi
Miss Kaid is now down 3 teeth!! Her new bottom teeth are coming in... the one is coming in fine, but the second is coming in WAY behind the other. Yep.... I can already hear the "ching ching ching" of the money going out of my pocket for braces in about 8 years or so!
Avery and Kason were both sick, so it made for a LONG weekend for everyone! Poor kids just didn't feel good!
I can't believe that he will be 2 1/2 this month!!! Where does the time go!? Notice the 2 stickers on his cheeks... Daddy put these Steelers stickers on Wednesday night and the kid would NOT let us take them off. Finally Saturday morning he picked them off only to have a bad rash where they were. Silly guy.
I love Kason's look here..... "mimi needs a bigger lap" Poor little dude. Oh and yes he does have undies on - his boxer briefs must have been riding up his chubby little legs! :)
Mimi loving on her grand daughters.
Saturday after pop got home from work we headed over to Aunt Bethy's to do our family Christmas since it is so hard to get a day closer to Christmas. I finally got to meet Beth's sister-in-law, Ashleigh and little man Bennett! We had missed paths the past 3 years! One of mom's gifts to all the girls - these fun, mis-matched socks. I was hoping to get a picture of us all with them on with our FACES too, but we forgot! Still a cute sock picture. I miss seeing you guys often and it was SO good to get together again. Growing up, these girls were like my sisters!
Clay soon got his turtle out for Kason to see....
He showed us the turtle's "trick"
Kason wasn't sure he wanted to get near this thing!
Curled up on mommy's lap for protection!
Uhh... Don't bite the hand that feeds you buddy!
Kason found a new "safe" place to sit. From what I hear he did finally pet him.
Aunt Bethy got all of the kids cute bath robes! I took about 3 seconds after getting home to put them on! They are so cozy and look so cute! Thanks aunt Bethy!! And of course I forgot my beef sticks in mom's fridge - they better still be there when we go home again!!! :)
After all the germs floating around this past weekend... I took Kason to the Dr yesterday morning because he woke up saying "ouchy ear" and he's got a nasty double ear infection. I'm so glad that after his 3rd dose of antibiotics and with the help of Motrin he's feeling much better and actually playing instead of just crying and laying in mommy's lap all day. It was nice to have him be so cuddly yesterday, but I'm glad he's up and playing again. Kaid woke up at 4am with a sore throat... yuck, so after some medicine and more sleep she refused to stay home from school. I hope she had an okay day and doesn't feel even worse after getting home.
After all the germs floating around this past weekend... I took Kason to the Dr yesterday morning because he woke up saying "ouchy ear" and he's got a nasty double ear infection. I'm so glad that after his 3rd dose of antibiotics and with the help of Motrin he's feeling much better and actually playing instead of just crying and laying in mommy's lap all day. It was nice to have him be so cuddly yesterday, but I'm glad he's up and playing again. Kaid woke up at 4am with a sore throat... yuck, so after some medicine and more sleep she refused to stay home from school. I hope she had an okay day and doesn't feel even worse after getting home.
No comments:
Post a Comment