Monday, June 13, 2011

Can you say progress!

We've been working hard on getting this house how we want it!  And I'm LOVING what we've done!!  Lots of you have asked for pictures of how things have turned out, so I will try and post them as we get each room done.
Other than getting things in place, hanging pictures etc... my first project was the main floor bathroom.  I never imagined it would be such a pain!  These birds just wouldn't die!!  They had to go and I spent many many hours for 4 days working on this!!  The first night it took me 4 HOURS just to do a little section behind the door.  I decided I would wait until I got Jody's steamer a few days later and although it was still work and took forever to strip it went much better. 
The bathroom Before  YUCK!

Oh yeah, even the outlet covers were wallpapered!!

The finished product!  I love it!

The kitchen, complete with the new appliances.  I didn't think I would like the electric stove, and honestly I still do prefer cooking with gas, but clean-up out weighs that!  LOVE how quick clean up is!


The living room


The amazing PLAY ROOM!  yay!  The kids love it and I love how sound proof it is when the doors are closed!

The foyer and the lovely plant ledge that my new sis-in-law LISA risked her life to decorate!  We eventually will paint the foyer a dark tan (not the red accent wall - I love that!) but that's one of those "must wait" projects.

I totally LOVE how Kaid's room turned out!  SO cute!

The little doll house is one my mom and I made when I was little.  I couldn't wait to pass it on to Kaid, but we just didn't have room in the old house to put it out.  I love how it looks with the big tree behind it. 

Kason's room is looking good, but will wait to take pics until the chair rail is up and pictures are hung!  He's going to love his finished "tar" AKA car, room!

1 comment: