Thursday, July 14, 2011

Busy Busy!

I love it that we are to the finishing touches!  Today I got most of the wallpaper in the master bath stripped and I am SO HAPPY to say that it came off so much easier than the downstairs bath!  Whew.  I had been dreading this task and so happy it was pretty simple! 
Here are a few of the things I've done around the house the past 2 weeks.
This is in the kids playroom.

And again on the other wall of the playroom.  My plan is to frame more of their artwork on this wall. 

My biggest task was the kids bathroom re-do!  I forgot to take a before picture, but the paint color was an orange/tan baby poop kinda color that was WAY to close of a match to the wood work to even try and look good!  I was so worried with my first coat of paint - it was hot pink!  But thankfully as it dried and got a second coat it was looking what I had hoped for!  I love how it turned out! 

Another little Cricut creation on the wall... I had fun! 

2 bathrooms down - 1 to go.

Kason dancing with his girlfriend, Zoey :) 

Kaid loves dressing up all of the little girls that come to our house to play! 

My little country boy!  Yeah I know, a bike helmet for the 4-wheeler.  We really need to invest in some kids helmets! 

Then on to Mimi and Pop's for a weekend!  Daddy teaching Kaid to swim for real and not just looking like a "drowning fish" as he calls it. 


I think she's got it!

Kason just wants to fish 

High 5 - nice job! 

We went into town for 4th of July fireworks ad sat in the bed of the truck.  I'm sorry to say they were pretty pathetic this year.  When we realized it was the grand finale I reached down to get my camera, turned it on and opened the lens and oops... it was OVER!   

Yeah, that obnoxious kid.... he was mine...  It was cute to us, but I'm sure everyone around us was thinking "just shut that kid up!"  haha  And this video didn't even catch how loud he was being!  He definitely enjoyed them!



Then onto a family work day!  I don't know what we would have done without family with this move.... we'd probably still be unloading the U-Haul.  ;)   

Part of the work crew 

Spreading seed time.  SO glad to be at this point rather than the picking up millions of rocks point still 

Are their child labor laws against this?  Eh, oh well... 

This past weekend, in between a CRAZY work week, we got to spend some time at Mere's!
Mere, Me and Kaid, Beth and baby boo, Amy and baby two, Jen and Kate 

Surprise!  The prego pair... Beth told us she and Phil are expecting!  And we are expecting to meet Amy's little one soon! 

On the way home our town was having a festival so we stopped and I let Kaid ride a couple of rides quick and she got to put out the fire with the help of the firefighter!  It was a fun little mommy and Kaid day! 

While mommy and Kaid were off spending time together, Daddy, Grandpa and Kason went to the Nascar race!  I think they had a great time male bonding! 


No comments:

Post a Comment