Sunday, June 10, 2012

DIY continued...


Oh Pinterest I do love you so!  Some may call me obsessed, and that may be so.... BUT I actually do the ideas I see on there!!  For me it has been an awesome place to go to find CHEAP ideas for around the house, has been an inspiration to me to go a little "green" in the areas I can, and has spiced up my kitchen.  So obsessed, okay.  I'm fine with that because it has my creative juices flowing! 
This is the (almost) finished product from a previous post on my "how-to"  This entire wall only cost me about $35 (the pictures were the most expensive!) and I LOVE how it turned out.  A tribute to my kids.  My favorite pictures of their first years and words I pray the live by and remember every day.  Love it!  I need to take an updated picture for the last frame and it will be complete.  They love it too!  (but maybe because they are glad mommy is done working on it!  Took about a month to have everything completed... that was a ton of steps!)


Sitting by their bed rooms...

Randy has put off making these little shelves for me for a while, but I think they complete the bathroom perfectly!  Love them!!

HIS side

HER side

Another task he wasn't looking forward to was my drying rack, but I think it turned out great!  I have a very talented hubby!!



The Laundry room before picture....

Which now means my laundry room is completed!  I added the little bins, mirror, sink skirt and drying rack and it is starting to look better!

This was a simple thing that was MUCH needed!  My spice racks were stuffed!  I had to take everything out to get one spice and I knew something had to be done.  I found a cool clip thing on Pinterest but couldn't find where to buy them... so I improvised and thought outside the box (uh, yes that is another thing Pinterest has taught me to do!) and glued round magnets to the inside of my cabinet and to the spices for a cheap fix!  Now I can just refill the bottles and hang them back up.  I know, I know, genius (and super cheap!)!  Oh and when I sent this picture to my hubby he said, "did you really glue the bottles to the cabinets?  How do you plan on using them?"  Uh really?

No comments:

Post a Comment