When I think about my childhood many of my memories are of playing outside with our kitties, bunnies, dogs. Trucking though the field, finding hiding spots in the barns, walking through the creek next to our house. Randy's memories are much the same. We lived outside! We both wanted that for our kids but in the home we were in it just wasn't possible. Now it is!
After most of the action was over, it was time for Eylie to officially become and outdoor kitty! She was a little timid at first, but now LOVES it! She was meant to be an outside kitty. When she was inside she could be a little feisty. Now outside she is the sweetest nicest cat! I'm thrilled she has stuck around this far and I think that means that she will!
Kaid taking her outside for the first time...
Wanting to go back inside
The previous owners left an old lawn mower in the garage so it has been Randy and the kids new track through the yard toy. We took a break on Mothers day evening to go down to the ravine and explore!
I love the little swings hanging from the trees in the way back.
You think I can do this one?
Kaid can!
And so can Kason!
Give a boy a ravine and some rocks and you know what he will do!
Poor Kaid was a little scared to be on the tree
Composing herself enough to smile for a picture
Tough guy Kason was just fine!
I think underneath this was a beaver dam
Thank you daddy for the great little piece of the world for us to learn and explore!
We were so muddy coming back and it was so wet! The poor lawn mower got stuck!!
Watch out! Kaidrie's driving!
I was actually relieved to go to work on Tuesday - it was a "break" that I needed from house work! I called Randy while he was doing this and evidently Kaid snapped a picture. This is in Kason's room, which means it's on the 3rd story of the back since there is a walk-out. I'm SO glad I wasn't here to witness this! He was changing the security flood lights in the back.
Then the next day, Randy got to go back to work and I worked on the flower beds - they are looking much better. While I was working I found a new friend for the kids! They were thrilled. He wasn't.
See?!
Leaning in for a kiss... I don't think he actually did.
This place just "fits" us perfectly. I've promised Kaid a bunny next spring! Come on over any time! We'd love to share the great outdoors with you!
This looks like such a beautiful home. I can see many wonderful memories being made there. Congrats to you and your family.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the house in person. The kids will have SO much fun with all that acreage to play on. I had to laugh at the picture of Kaid sitting up "high" on the tree - please don't tell me she is afraid of heights?! ;)
ReplyDeleteHope the steamer is working it really does do a great job!