Oh what a beautiful day! One of those days where you step outside and breath in that Spring air smell. Oh I love it! Our last "1st season" in the new house! How amazing is that! I can't believe that come May we will have been in our new home for a year! Wow. I'm so excited to see what Spring flowers come up in the beds! To see what the new flowers that I planted this fall look like and get some mulch in there! Oh how I love spring.
I've been wanting to do a photo shoot with Kaid on the Trampoline holding 7 balloons for her birthday so maybe one day before he birthday we will actually do that. :) What a beautiful day!
Ah yes, some would say I'm obsessed. I just say it's my motivation! Another kind-of Pinterest idea. It was actually 3 ideas that I combined into one. :)
And the final product.
I love LOVE how it turned out!
Worlds worst punishment. This is what my kids have to do with they start fighting. Some days this takes longer than others (this was one day that it took a LOONNG time!) but they sit and hold hands until they eventually start giggling. Works like a charm. :)
Lisa A, this is for you... (ugly counter tops and all :) The "gem" thing I do with my kids... It's kind of evolved to using the "chore clips" that I posted last time. Now every time they flip all of their clips they get 3 gems in their jar. If they do most then they get 1 gem. It used to be just for Kaid and I did, 1 gem if she did all of her chores, 1 gem if she did something like unloading the dishwasher and 1 gem if she did something nice for someone else. I also reserve the right to take gems out of her jar if she is being naughty and now that Kason is in on it too, if one is being mean to the other they put a gem from their jar into the others jar. Once the jar is filled they get a "prize" which is something like a small toy or V-smile game or Leapster game. Most days they are pretty motivated to do it! Even Kason has a little motivation to get his gems which I was surprised about!
I was shocked one morning to come downstairs after waking Kaid for school to a little guy already playing in the playroom with his clothes on and they even matched! Wow! Mr. independent!
After a busy day playing with friends they are pooped. I must admit, after a houseful and so much food throughout the day, and the fact that I had worked night shift, we had popcorn for dinner. HA!
This may look silly to you, but I am VERY proud of myself for this! I do NOT sew. The most I have ever sewed was a pillow in home-ec class in high school. So, this is my "no-sew" skirt for my utility sink. It hides the kitty food and treats, not to mention the ugly piping! Viola! I know. You are impressed. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment