Well, I was going to wait to post this until Randy had the 2 shelves and drying rack built, but he's a little persnickety about working in the garage when it's cold out. BooHoo. So, I'll do this in 2 parts! After a few months of people telling me I had to check out Pinterest I finally gave in. And boy I've taken full advantage of it! I've done quite a few things so far, most of them being new recipes! I was in such a dinner rut! I hate looking through cook books and so I would make our favorite meals over and over until they aren't MY favorite anymore. With Pinterest, I can see a picture of the meal, pin it then make my grocery list by looking in one spot then make it. Let me tell you, I've found some major keepers (and a few that were good, but didn't make my favorites list) Love that it has totally got me interested in cooking again. Just what I needed.
So, not all of this is Pinterest projects, but just some DIY that we've been busy doing...
I think we need a taller ladder!
This was an idea I had about 2 or so years ago. Our crib was re-called so we tore it apart and got a voucher for a new one. I thought it was a pity to throw away the old rails, and to be honest I was not looking forward to tossing something that held my babies the 1st 2 years of their lives.... so I passed the rails onto grandpa Paul to make them into 2 book shelves for the kids. They turned out so cute! I think something they (okay so maybe I will more than they will) will cherish forever.
I have a hard time finding curtains that I love but finally we have some in the office and playroom! Yay for PB Outlet!
I can't say that Pinterest has sparked this DIY either, that was more my hubby is feeling better and was willing to do it, so I was not about to NOT take advantage of that! I loved our old bedroom and the chocolate brown walls so I wanted to re-create that in our new room without painting all the walls. We now have our beautiful brown accent wall to match the brown bathroom!
This one was inspired from Pinterest! I love all of the stuff made out of pallets that you can make! So in about 5 minutes flat Randy whipped up this shelf. He thinks it's the ugliest thing he's ever made but I love it!!
Well, while we were at the painting thing, we may as well finish the last painting project in the house for a VERY long time!! This is how my hubby paints. Interesting. And in case you are wondering about his "fashion statement" he is making. He hates it when I wear capri's and is trying his best to make a point. Point not made, he simply just makes himself look silly. So, next time you see him, if he's sporting capri's, please laugh at him and tell him his wife looks better in capri's than he does.
Finished product! I love how the black frames pop now with the brown walls
Ahhh... much better! No dirty fingerprints on the white walls to keep cleaning off! Hooray!
So, I also found a site on Pinterest that you can print off labels for bins and such. I'm loving it!
Now there is no question where to put things now, right?
If only Kason could read!
Okay, so now I'm getting out of control here.... Somebody stop me please.
No really, this is getting out of hand. Stop me!
Okay, well I ran out of things to label for now, but no promises it will be done for good!
Another idea I loved was the "I love you because..." frames so each of us will have one to write little love notes to each other! I have the kids done, the frames just need to be painted white. But here are mine and Randy's that I put on each side of the bed.
So, there have been lots of inspiring things I've seen for laundry rooms and I'm in the middle of making ours a little nicer and more organized. This is the "before" picture... I've done a few things and Randy is working on his part then I will show the "after" I know, I hate to leave you in suspense here. Please, don't lose sleep over it.
So, a few of my inspirations from Pinterest that I've had the chance to do so far (and that I've taken pictures of!). I hope you are finding your own inspirations too!
Janna, I LOVE those shelves that were made out of the kids' crib! What a great idea. . .
ReplyDelete