Sunday, March 11, 2012

Yep... still staying busy!


Crazy format here isn't letting me lower this picture!  This little man has quite the imagination!  Here's my little superman eating breakfast wearing his froggy on his wrist.  He LOVES this frog.  Until he loses it for a few days he wears it for everything but shower and bed!  I love it!

Miss Kaid is one smart cookie!  Adding hundreds and only took about 30 seconds to teach her how to do it.  We are still working on the hundreds that you have to carry over.  But I'm sure with as quick as she picks up on things it will be in no time!  We had conferences this week and Mrs F said she is very bright and is doing AMAZING with reading (but of course we already knew that!).  She says she is doing so good that she has wondered if she is somehow memorizing them or reading to quickly that she doesn't retain the information but has tested her with new books and asked questions after the book and she is totally reading this well and retaining what she is reading.  yay Kaid! 

Okay so I wonder if Pinterest feels violated with as much as I've been taking advantage of it.  haha  So more projects from this week... Oh and forgot to mention before, which I NEVER thought I would ever do.. I've made my own laundry detergent, fabric softener, dishwasher detergent (which I LOVE how it cleans with our hard well water but if anyone has any advice on how to not get it to turn rock hard I'd love to hear what you have to say!), and window cleaner which is better than any you can buy!  I know, I know, I'm turning into some type of domestic goddess that I never thought I would be.  :)  Love it.  I can't wait to get outside and use the tips I've pinned for the garden and flower beds.  I'm almost crazy enough that I'm just egging on the ants to start coming in so I can try some great tips on getting rid of them.  :)

Here are the crafts I've done this week...
This one I actually did a while ago, but finally got the frame painted and hung.  I can't wait to write all of my words of encouragement for the kids on their boards.

These were are time consuming as Jody said they would be, but I love how they look!

And my baby girl


We went to visit some friends in another state this weekend.  It was a long haul but so worth it to go and have a fun weekend with them!  It's been too long!  We finally got to meet Rebecca's son, Jacob and the three of them played so nice.  Kaidrie and Jacob were joined at the hip so much that Randy did his first "boy interview" to see if he was cleared to hang around his daughter.  :) 

Yep, they were pretty cute together but I must say I'm glad she's only 6 and we don't have to worry about this for a while!!!

Randy, the best man, Steve the groom and Yared the groomsman.
Can't wait for the wedding in 3 weeks!  We are so happy for Steve and Rebecca!  We only wish they lived closer so we could hang out more!  I told them that when Kaid and Jacob get married they have to move here because we sure aren't moving there!  HA!

After getting home on this beautiful day the kids went out to play and went to the ravine with the older neighbor kids.  After being out for a while we went to get them and found them like this!  haha  Yep, we's country folk.  They were cold and filthy and took a 30 min hot shower!  I'd say they had fun!

Jody introduced me to a canvas site.  I ordered my first for Randy for our anniversary, but of course gave it to him as soon as we got it because I couldn't wait!   

This one is a little better view... 

Hope you had a great week watching your spring flowers start to pop!  I have and can't wait to see them bloom maybe this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment