Saturday, October 29, 2011

"fun" filled fall

We were so excited when most of my girls from college were able to get together!  It was so great to see them all - it's been TOO long!  We were really good about getting together for everyones birthdays for years, but lately with all the kiddos it's been a little harder! 
Logan (Niki's), Ryan (Ashley's), Kason and Kaid and Liam (Kristin's) what a bunch of cute kids!

This weekend was a doozie!  We headed back to HC for family time and a baby shower.  About 5 minutes before we were getting ready to leave Randy's parents house AJ came running in saying Kason's head was bleeding.  The boys had been playing outside and a door on grandpa's truck cap was shut and hit Kason and the poor boy went flying and hit his head on something.  When Randy and I got to him his head was gushing.  I took one look at it and knew he would need stitches because of the gaping.  I asked Lu if she had a butterfly but didn't so off we went to the ER.  I was THRILLED to see Sandy was there as his ER nurse!  So good to see a friendly face to take care of my baby on his first ER visit.  His head stopped bleeding when we were half way to the hospital.  Hoping my little mans perfect forehead heals nicely and doesn't leave much of a scar. :(  Battle wounds! 

It was so cute listening to him explaining what happened.  I wish I would have got the video camera out earlier to hear him tell it all.  So cute. 

The Doctor said he couldn't do glue because it was to gaping, but said to save him from all the trauma of stitches we could try steristrips.  I was SO grateful as just holding him down while he cleaned it was enough torture for all of us!  He was such a brave little man.  He only cried when it happened for a tiny bit then just for the sting of the clean.  Tough man! 

The rest of the week has been cold, bad cough, fevers, and an ear infection for the little guy.  What a rough week he has had!  I'm so glad he's doing better today!

Yesterday was Kaid's school Halloween party.  Kason and I went for a bit.  Kaid was so proud to have her little brother in her classroom.   

Kaid's class 

Brrr.  It was cold!  All the kids came outside for a parade. 



Each table decorated a pumpkin.  Kaid helped with the Pirate pumpkin 

When we got home the kitties were sitting so cute together in front of the door.  Of course when I tried to get a picture they wanted to come visit me and didn't stay put!
Our family kitties to keep - Belle, Bop and Eylie 


No comments:

Post a Comment