Saturday, October 13, 2012

Around the home

 
Is it me or is fall not lasting long this year?  I feel like there were only a few weeks for this pretty of a view and now about half of the leaves are gone!  Boo!  Anyway, this was my back yard view for a little while anyway!  :)  Just Purdy!


Yes this is a picture of my tile!  I post this because I was AMAZED at how this home made cleaner cleaned my tile.  In my defense... it was this dirty when we moved in so I had no clue what the true color was meant to be!!  The picture doesn't really do it justice but you could clearly see a HUGE difference between the tiles I had already cleaned and the ones I hadn't!  Do I have your interest?  Want the recipe?
 
7 cups water, 1/2 cup baking soda, 1/3 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup vinegar
 
Jody did this a few weeks ago also, and she wasn't as impressed.  I did let it soak for a bit and went over with a scrub brush and tooth brush a few times.  One day I may do the bathrooms and the basement, but for today... I'm content having my laundry room clean!  :)
 
I had and unused canvas in the basement, some left over scrapbook letters, a cricut and paper and a little bit of time... I love it!  It is in the kids playroom also!

 
So I'll be honest.  My house is usually tidy.  EXCEPT for my disaster area here.  I just didn't know what to do about all of that paper clutter that you need to pay attention to eventually but just don't have time to now....  Well, Hobby Lobby and I have a love/hate relationship.  My home loves it, my wallet not so much.  Although they do have GREAT sales!  Most of the time you can get almost everything for 50% off and they always have 40% off coupons.  Cha-ching!  So one of my goals of the day was to find some kind of cute filing system to help with this problem!!  (This, my "junk drawer," and my tupperware cabinet are the areas of my house that drive my hubby crazy!  The new house has solved the junk drawer problem since we have more drawer space I have areas for everything.  So one down, and now two down... maybe one day I'll figure out a good way to do the tupperware!)


And now look at it!!!  WAHOO!  I hope it can stay this way.  I didn't find any kind of filing thing I liked so I found a box I loved and made it into a little filing system for things that can't be put away yet!!  Yay!  I love cheap fixes for big problems!

Do you all look at this stuff and thing, geesh, I didn't know Janna was such a dork!  haha!  I have a new-found love for printables!!!  So, I found this awesome frame (yes, at Hobby Lobby for 50% off... there is a reason Kaid hates going there with me!) and have all kinds of seasonal printables to change with the season!  Love!!
 
Told ya there were a bunch!  And I fully intend on watching for more!
 
Another little "free-be" decorating thing... Isn't this the cutest little printable?  I had a white frame I wasn't using at the new house so Perfect!  Aunt Bethy got me these little birds after Kason broke the other one she got me in memory of our beautiful bird wallpaper in the bathroom that took me 3 days to strip!  I love this in the kids bathroom!


Okay, so I just realized I lied earlier... this was a big problem area too!  BUT really this wasn't as much MY problem as KAIDS!!!  Her craft stuff was a WRECK!  So, I took an entire day of organizing and throwing away.  Add a few labels and a few threats that if it starts looking like it did before I'm going to start throwing things away and we've got a new organized space!!  I don't know if the kids love it as much as I do, but it gives me a big sigh of relief!!


No comments:

Post a Comment