How does time go this quickly? It seems like we just had her last birthday party (and having house showings and decorating and undecorating! I think the grand total for the weekend was 5 showings and 2 birthday parties. Whew, glad I don't have to do that this year again!) The kid is growing like a weed. The capris she has worn the past 2 or 3 summers (got to love adjustable waist!) we are pulling out this spring and barely any fit her! We are going to have to do a total over haul on her summer wardrobe!
She was SO excited that she finally is having a birthday that the kids can play outside. In her 7 years this has never happened! She usually gets to have a party in the middle of a snow or ice storm!
My SEVEN year old LOVES reading and anything to do with cats. She definitely has her own opinion about things and is very independent.
She can fight with the best of them, but knows when to step up and be the big sister, big cousin, best friend. I was so proud of her at how she helped Avery through the first night at our house, when Kason is hurting she knows how to help him feel better. A sweet little thing.
I love the daffodils blooming in the back by the ravine!
You are beautiful inside and out miss Kaidrie Reese. I love the little girl you've grown into and I can't wait to watch what you will become. It's a parents best job, isn't it!
Finally party time! She wanted a "bunny party" which would have been perfect as we were planning on getting her a bunny hutch for her birthday then we were hoping the Easter bunny may be able to bring some bunnies... but when I reminded her they would be down by the woods and she would have to do feed them in the mornings she changed her mind for right now. Maybe next year we will do the bunny thing.
This is my, "You totally just spit in my face" look
I'm SEVEN today!
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dad who turns 63 on the 21st! And what an exciting year, this month he will OFFICIALLY be retired! This man deserves it more than anyone I know. 41 years at the same company, working more hours than not and barely taking the vacation time he deserved so much. Impressive. Love you dad.
Say "mouth full of cupcake!"
The rotten boys :)
I must say, it was so nice not being so crowded as we were in our old house!
5 of my favorite girls! McKenzie, Evanne, Ella, Kaid and Avery
It's not a party without a stripper. :)
Oh yeah, there's my other favorite little girl!
What? Angel hair pasta?
Is this Kaid's gift too? If so I think she wants to return or re-gift. :)
Peek!
haha so funny! She wasn't sure what to think of getting all this angel hair pasta! This kid LOVES angel hair and we have to make sure she saves some for the rest of us when I make it. Soon after the move we had someone knocking on the door. We had just sat down to eat and luckily Randy and I had put some pasta on our plates. We went to answer the door (and the guy asked for the parents of the house... ummm.. okay... should we send Kaid and Kason to the door?? At least we both look like kids and not like someone robbed the cradle!) When we came back about 15 minutes later the pan was EMPTY. We asked where all the food went and Kaid starts giggling and says, "I ate it all! I had 5 helpings." And let me tell you, I made a TON of pasta. Not sure where she puts it all!
Hope you had a great birthday baby girl. We love you more than words can say. God sure knew what he was doing bringing our black haired baby into our lives. You keep me sane at the same time as driving me insane. :) I love being your mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment