Whew! Is July already over? This summer has FLOWN by! Between working extra shifts to fill some major holes at work (yeah, I've realized this 3 12 hr. shifts a week thing is NOT for me!), working on the house, having a sick hubby and keeping my little ones alive this month has been CRAZY! But it's over and although I hate seeing summer fly by, I'm really glad August has started off so much better. Randy FINALLY let me take him to the ER last week and even though we are no closer to finding out what was wrong he is feeling so much better and almost back to himself again. Praise the Lord! With the exception of the basement and hanging a few things in our bedroom, the house is "maintainable!" I'm done with projects for a while (.. okay so there are a few little things I'd still like to do)! Double yay! My work schedule is back to normal (2 days a week) and we no longer have a dirt back yard (so really the dirt wasn't that bad, it was the working on getting it done that wore everyone out!). Wahoo!
During the hot 90-100* weather we spent a lot of time inside. More than we wanted. But it gave me a chance to work on a few more things on the inside of the house. The kids have been in a lookin at scrapbooks mode. It makes all of my hard work so worth it to see them enjoying looking at each and every one over and over even at their young ages!
On a normal day Kaid can be seen around the house like this. She likes the one on her right foot the best, and can't find the match so this is her new trend setter.
Eylie was so close to baby time so I had the kids paint a little box that I hoped she would pick to have her babies in. They had a blast painting it.
And good girl! She picked the box to have them in! I came home from work Sunday night to a great surprise! 6 tiny baby kittens! Good job Eylie - we can't wait to watch these little ones grow! She has been such a good mommy so far!
Eylie is loving life! Kaid was surprised at how little they were and said they kinda looked like mice. She was expecting them to be like Eylie when we got her, but she was about 4 or 5 weeks old.
This is where Kaid can be found many times through out the day!
Kaid went out to see them today and came in and said, "mom! They're huge!!"
So this is what she means by HUGE! :) Their umbilical cords are still there!
Some projects we've been working on.... Kason's room before...
And after! I love how it's turned out! It was so funny that how I had planned on painting the room, it already was - somewhat. We just used some different shades of the colors. The only thing left to do is to get his new quilt, but I'm waiting for a certain one at Pottery Barn Kids to go on sale! Kason wanted a "tar" room and that's what he got!
My inspiration for the room started about 2 years ago when I found the cute truck hanging racks on sale for $3 a piece!
Another huge project! The master bath Before....
And after! It looks SO much better in person than these pictures! I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment