I wasn't going to post this until it was completely finished.. but it's taken about a month so far to get it almost done. Hopefully it won't be that long before I get the pictures on it!
Step one... I set it up how I wanted it to go on the wall and planned my colors
Step two... then paint the edges the color you want to be underneath when you distress the edges.
Step three... put Vaseline around the edges where you want to see the underneath color.
Step four... Paint top coat color and I also made my "sloppy copy" of my signs as Kaid calls them.
Step five... Used the Pinterest idea of using pop tabs to have a hanging tab. Works great!
Step six... use sandpaper to distress the edges how you desire
Step seven... Randy cut the signs out of pallets
Step eight.. paint and plan out signs. I love it when I make these signs and get to use all of that old leftover scrapbook paper I would have had in my scraps for the next 10 years. :)
Step nine... after the underneath is painted and you have words as you would like. I used elmers glue to glue it down where I wanted it. Paint over top the entire thing. While it is still wet remove the cut letters.
Step ten... Vaseline and distress edges.
Step eleven... hang how ever you desire!
Step twelve... I already have my pictures picked out and edited. I just have to order them, then I will mod podge underneath where I will put the pictures, then mod podge over top.
Whew... this has been quite the project! I also want to cut out some cricut vinyl words... to fill the gap at the bottom. I'm thinking "Established 2003" but not sure yet! Any ideas??
No comments:
Post a Comment