It's Thanksgiving week and we have so much to be thankful for. So often when you are going through tough times it's hard to focus on the good and we've had to try very hard this year to focus on the half full vs. focusing on the half empty (trust me, even in my usual half-full mindset I've always had, this has been very hard for me to do this year and a half!).
This week I finally feel like I can breathe again. Randy has been feeling so much better. That is the biggest Thanksgiving I think we could ever ask for. You never realize how important your health and the health of your loved ones is until it is gone. It affects so much more than just feeling bad. It affects every aspect of your life.
Last Thanksgiving we had just listed the house and didn't have any clue where we would be a year from now not to mention being frustrated with all of the necessary showings! We are so thankful to be settled in our beautiful home that is perfect for our family. We are in a wonderful school district and Kaidrie is loving life which is every parents dream.
A few months before last Thanksgiving we had suffered another miscarriage and I am thankful that my prayer of "Please Lord if we are just going to lose the baby again don't let me get pregnant." was answered this year (perhaps that's why I lost my my tube?). Although that brings a flood of emotions I would much rather just have the unknown rather than another dream crushed.
Yet another, we could not be more blessed with the neighbors God has brought into our lives. There was a reason we picked that lot to build our old house on - He wanted to bring some amazing people into our lives. Also, there is a reason He wanted this for our new home. We have just as amazing neighbors here and I look forward to all of many many years ahead of us getting to know them. I am very thankful for them all.
Two of our "old" neighbors who have been like the kids 3rd set of grandparents since Kaid was 6 months old. We love you Jimmy and Bonnie and love your visits!!
Even though we LOVE our new home there are those issues that come up. Some things that were not disclosed to us that had to have been an issue before we moved in... such as the electricity issues in the basement, lights and fire alarms not working properly, and now a leaky roof thanks to some hail and some doozies of wind storms lately. But in all this we are thankful for a roof above our heads and insurance to help us pay for all of the "lemons." :)
I was so excited to decorate the new house this year and am thrilled with how it turned out. Loving this Christmas season already!
My two favorite ornaments on my tree - the kids first year ornaments with their little hand prints.
We are so thankful for new life this year - I could not be happier for Josh and Jody - that their happy ending has finally come. Along with that, many friends who have had wonderful surprises lately and have or will be welcoming new little ones soon! God is so good.
Lots of helping hands for a diaper change!
We are thankful for our families. None of us are perfect, but some how we all make it through and love each other none the less. For our parents. We both have 2 loving parents who have stayed together through the hard times as well as the good. They have taught us how to stay strong and keep trucking through the hard times, without that I don't know how we would have made it through some of the hard times we've had lately. All I can imagine is a few years down the road Randy and I will look at each other and laugh and say "how in the world did we not kill each other during those times." Whew. I am thankful God carries us through those tough times when our spouse is too drained/sick/frustrated to.
Kason's eyes say it all - he LOVES baby Alex THIS much!
Already trying to be like her big cousin :)
Sweet mommy kisses
The hugest blessings we could ever have asked for - Kaidrie and Kason. There is not a day that goes by (yep... even those NASTY NASTY days) that we are not overwhelmingly thankful for these beautiful, talented, sweet, bubbly, noisy kids. If we are never able to have any more. They are enough. We are so blessed.
And this day was one of those nasty days I was talking about. We started out the photo shoot with some tired worn out kids. Shame on us. After a "rest" Kaidrie had a major melt-down. (she is your typical 1st child who wants to run the show... and when another 1st child who would love to run the show for just once while playing with her big cousin puts her foot down and that oldest little mis gets an attitude that mommy corrects her for, lets just say things got a little hairy). Then we were packing up to leave because of his sisters actions.... a little brother was NOT happy and was not afraid to show it. It was a VERY quiet ride home and they spent MANY hours in their room that night as well as a week without TV, friends and early bedtimes. yep, I'm a hard core mommy. Lets just hope they learned their lesson!
I'm thankful for "flowers" after the rain! Who would have thought that at the end of November this lonely little flower would be blooming in my flowerbeds. Such hope that little flower gives!
My kids have a Love
Hate relationship :)
That's my week in a nutshell.
What are you thankful for even when it is raining?
No comments:
Post a Comment