Thursday, November 17, 2011

Odds and Ends

The kids were playing in the living room and Kason says, "awww... where's my gum?!"  Then when he realizes where it went he came to me laughing.  (notice how good his head injury is looking here! Yay!)

How our kitties like to play!  See Bop on top of the maple tree? 

Kaid was so proud of her school creation, "all about me" 

And the fun just doesn't stop at our house!  So, in addition to the ER for the head, the Doctors for an ear infection and numerous appointments and tests for Randy (oh yeah did I mention both kids are sick with colds again now?) - last week on Saturday evening when Randy got home from work he noticed Kason had a rash all over his belly and back.  He also had that slapped cheek look so I assumed it was Fifths disease.  The next morning he looked better but the inside of his left foot was red, swollen and painful.  As the day went on he did better with walking on it.  Towards evening his little boy parts were red swollen and painful.  I was starting to wonder what in the heck was going on but worked the next morning so figured I would ask the Pediatricians at work.  They thought it sounded viral also.  As the day went on I got lots of pictures from mom (who was there while Randy had a procedure done) and Randy...
The welds would come and go.... 

Different parts of his body would swell and be painful, his hands, feet... 

Then when I started to panic was when I got this picture.  His big fat lip!  It was getting to close to his airway for my comfort! 

It was around 6pm when I got this picture and thankfully my charge nurse told me to go ahead and go.  We had a doctors appt for him at 7:30 but I'd rather something happen there than at home with mom and Randy so I told Randy to go and I would meet him there.  I ran out to my car and shook the entire way there praying he'd be okay.  As soon as I saw him I had no worries.  He was acting just like himself and running around and talking.  Thank God!  Then I couldn't help but laugh at him with his big lip which was by now double the size of the top picture!  Turns out he had hives from a viral infection!   I've never heard of that before!  So 5 days of Steroids and an emotional wreck of a child later - he's all better.  It was amazing what the first day of steroids did to help.  Poor little man.  I feel so bad for him that he's sick again.  He's such a tough guy though you'd never know when he feels so yucky.

Check out that fat lip.  Oh life has been FUN lately.  Whew. 


No comments:

Post a Comment