Friday, January 11, 2013

Welcome back little buddy!

It's December again and look who's back!  I think he missed us and we missed him!  Welcome back Bobo!
 
This year Bobo brought a letter from Santa to remind the kids what the season is all about...
Dear Kaidrie and Kason,
I hope you kiddos are having a great Christmas season!
Well, this time of year – this time we call “Christmas” – gets very busy and kind of crazy.  Everyone just focuses on “want, want, want.”  Have you been telling your Mommy and Daddy what you want for Christmas?  It’s ok to want a few things, but I’ve seen people – grown ups and kiddos – get very selfish with all the stuff they want.  They want so many things that they forget the whole reason we even have Christmas….
 Jesus – God’s son who was born a long, long, long time ago…
The very first “Christmas present” ever given to the whole big world.
I don’t want you kiddos to forget about Jesus as you prepare for Christmas.  I want you to enjoy all the fun – hot chocolate, singing Christmas songs, candy and presents – but I don’t want you to forget the most important present: God’s love for us and His son, Jesus.  I don’t want you to forget that it’s still important to love others,  to be nice to other people,  to help other people (even your Mommy, Daddy, and each other) … to show other people how wonderful Jesus is.
So, Bobo the Elf is here to help you kids (and your Mommy and Daddy) remember these important parts about Christmas: Jesus, God’s love and our job of joyfully sharing that love with others through our gifts, kind words and loving actions (the things we do for one another).
My Elf is going to hang out at your house, watching everything that happens as a reminder for you to:
 Love each other
 Speak nicely to one another
 Help each other
Help your friends and neighbors too
 Give to people who dont have all the stuff you have
 Remember that God loves you kiddos so, so, so much.
Take care of my little friend – he and I will talk every night about you kiddos and how you are doing this Christmas Season.
Looking forward to seeing great things and wonderful love from each of you,
Santa
  p.s.  I hope you two and Bobo have just as much fun this year!
 
Some of the fun that Bobo has had around our house this season!
 
Weeeeee!  (Kaid said in the morning that she heard him yell "wweeeee" in the middle of the night and know she knows why!  :) )
 
Bobo was witness that one of my children LIED to me!  Neither would admit to it so Bobo reminds them that he's watching!!  He didn't move for 2 days!
 
We stole an old wagon from Mimi and Pops and the kids have been having a blast with it.  I love how he's sitting on the booster seat AND they had a seat belt on him... mommy and daddy didn't think that was such a great idea in case he tipped over!

 
And once again we went to mommy's work to see Santa!  The kids wrote their lists to give to him.  What kid asks for REAL bells from Santa's sleigh?  Mine, that's who.  Santa's got his work cut out for him!
 
 My cuties and Santa and Mrs. Claus
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment