Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Gobble till you Wobble

Or until you go CRAZY!

 
This is Kaid's "W O W" Face.  lol  yes this girl is a hot mess! 
 
 My two little goofballs.

 

 
 Our little turkeys
 
And my little turkeys 
 
A visit with my grandma.  It's so hard to see her like this.  For the most part she isn't there anymore, but we did have a moment that I think I got her to do a little flashback.  Mimi had the (great) grandkids singing to her and I said "I remember one that you used to sing all the time to us when we were little."  We started singing "Jesus loves me"  This was a song that grandma sang to us nearly every time we were there for a visit.  You could see her eyes light up a little bit and when we were done she looked at me and said "you remember that?"  I said I sure did and asked her if she remembered and she said she did.  I know she couldn't name me, she hasn't been able to put a name to my face in years, but part of me hopes that by a simple song she remembered.  It was nice to hold her hand and see her respond and not want to let go.  We spent so much time with grandma and grandpa when we were growing up.  She was a huge part of my life and it's so hard seeing her like this.  You hate to see a loved one leave this life but it makes me smile to know that one day she will be reunited with grandpa in Heaven after all these years.  I love you grandma! 
(poor Alex did NOT want Aunt Janna here!  She only wanted Mimi this entire day!)
 
And a side note... So for some reason the hair just keeps getting curlier... I'm done fighting it.  So what do you think?  Yay or nay?  The hubby isn't a fan of it like this but he loves it when I do hot rollers which also works well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment